- RSS Channel Showcase 1205443
- RSS Channel Showcase 9202976
- RSS Channel Showcase 2741862
- RSS Channel Showcase 4546863
Articles on this Page
- 01/29/18--12:52: _NEWH Scholarship Re...
- 01/29/18--12:59: _FSU Department of I...
- 01/31/18--17:20: _Department of Inter...
- 02/02/18--09:47: _Jim Dawkins & Jill ...
- 02/05/18--16:47: _Interior Design’s 3...
- 02/01/18--09:18: _FSU Department of I...
- 02/10/18--13:03: _Assistant Professor...
- 02/21/18--11:46: _Interior Architectu...
- 02/21/18--08:45: _Congratulations to ...
- 02/27/18--13:30: _Brianna Langman Rec...
- 02/27/18--13:39: _Graduate Furniture ...
- 03/24/18--15:52: _2018 President’s Hu...
- 03/27/18--16:37: _IDEC 2018
- 04/26/18--08:36: _Department of Inter...
- 05/21/18--12:39: _High Point Market 2018
- 06/25/18--05:57: _Florida State Unive...
- 07/11/18--11:31: _IA+D Alum Grant Gri...
- 07/22/18--11:34: _2018 IDEC Video Com...
- 07/22/18--12:05: _Golden Lighting Pic...
- 01/31/18--17:20: Department of Interior Architecture + Design Computer Lab Upgrade
- 02/02/18--09:47: Jim Dawkins & Jill Pable’s Book Release
- 02/05/18--16:47: Interior Design’s 33rd Annual Hall of Fame Awards
- 02/21/18--11:46: Interior Architecture & Design Career Fair a Success
- 02/21/18--08:45: Congratulations to the 2018 Charrette Winners
- 02/27/18--13:30: Brianna Langman Receives a Sponsorship to Attend Lightfair
- 02/27/18--13:39: Graduate Furniture Gallery Show
- 03/24/18--15:52: 2018 President’s Humanitarian of the Year Awardee
- 03/27/18--16:37: IDEC 2018
- 05/21/18--12:39: High Point Market 2018
- 07/11/18--11:31: IA+D Alum Grant Gribble Transforms the New American Remodel 2018
- 07/22/18--11:34: 2018 IDEC Video Competition Winners
- 07/22/18--12:05: Golden Lighting Picks Winner in Design Contest
Brittany Flock & Sarah Wallstedt This past November, MFA students, Brittany Flock and Sarah Wallstedt attended the Hospitality Design Platinum Circle Gala in NYC as recipients of 2017 NEWH scholarship awards. In New York they joined third scholarship recipient, Sydney Kimball, who attends Endicott College in Massachusetts. On November 14th, the three traveled together to
The FSU Department of Interior Architecture + Design at Florida State University was ranked in the top tier of interior design programs across North America once again. The graduate program was ranked #1 by deans and chairs as the Most Admired program in the country. This the fifth time in six years that the graduate program
The computer lab during the upgrade process was filled with both old and new machines. The Interior Architecture & Design computer lab received a $65,000 hardware upgrade over winter break when the department purchased 25 new computers. The new machines have significantly improved graphics cards and more hard drive capacity. Each computer also now has
Jim Dawkins, associate professor and Jill Pable, professor have recently completed a book published through Fairchild Books/Bloomsbury. Sketching Interiors at the Speed of Thought edition 2 is dedicated to one primary purpose: enabling designers to discover their own sketching style that they happily and confidently use to supercharge their design thinking and communication with others. The
On November 30, 2018, Interior Design’s 33rd annual Hall of Fame awards lit up the I.M. Pei–designed River Pavilion at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center. Editor in chief Cindy Allen kicked off the event with a unifying message before inducting the 2017 honorees. The ceremony honored five unique individuals who have made significant impacts in workplace, hospitality,
The Department of Interior Architecture + Design at FSU was ranked in the top tier of interior design programs across North America once again by DesignIntelligence. The graduate program was ranked #1 by deans and chairs as the Most Admired program in the country.
Assistant professor, Amy Huber recently completed a book published by Routledge Press entitled Telling the Design Story: Effective and Engaging Communication. The book focuses on crafting cohesive and innovative design presentations by leveraging the power of storytelling. It is comprised of nine chapters and features artwork by FSU alumni Anna Osborne, Emily Swerdloff, and Christine
The Department of Interior Architecture & Design hosted a career fair for students on February 16, 2018. More than 80 students took part in the event, which included a panel, networking opportunities, and the chance to locate summer internships or jobs.
The Department of Interior Architecture + Design would like to congratulate the winners of the 2018 Charrette Design Competition sponsored by Interface. Participants were challenged with designing a fictional space based off of the book Invisible Cities by Italo Calvino.
Brianna Langman is a senior in the Interior Architecture and Design program at FSU. In her junior year, she took a lighting design class which sparked an interest in the lighting industry. I never imagined Dr. Pable’s lighting class would lead me to so many great opportunities and that I would find a passion for
The graduate furniture design class of fall 2017 celebrated their final projects with the furniture show in the William Johnston Gallery, “Flat at its Finest”. This project asked students to design and fabricate a piece of furniture from one sheet of 3/4″ plywood that could be flat pack shipped, use little to no hardware and
Caroline Mozo, a fourth-year student in the Department of Interior Architecture & Design, was recently presented with the College of Fine Arts Humanitarian of the Year Award. This tremendous distinction places her among the most esteemed student service leaders at Florida State University. The 2018 President’s Humanitarian of the Year Award is bestowed upon currently
The Department congratulates the five graduate students who presented their thesis research at the Interior Design Educators Council Annual Conference. Brittany Flock gave an oral presentation on her thesis topic “Business Traveler Preferences: Hotel Design and the WELL Building Standard.” Four graduate students participated in the research poster presentations including: Amjad AlFawaz presenting, “The Role
The Department of Interior Architecture and Design would like to congratulate the Winners of the 2018 Department Student Awards. These awards are selected by the entire faculty. We appreciate the support of the alumni and friends who make these awards possible.
Stephanie Sickler, Interior Architecture & Design professor, traveled with four seniors, Nicolette Renbarger, Arely Cavazos, Christa Pineda, and Jessica Gehrig to the High Point Market trade show this past April. The group spent three days at the trade show and had the opportunity to meet with vendors and designers, tour the Wesley Hall furniture factory,
Museum of Fine Arts Interior Florida State University announces new leadership to the Museum of Fine Arts (MoFA) effective July 30, 2018. The founding director of MoFA, Dr. Allys Palladino-Craig will retire in September of 2018. Dr. C. Preston McLane has been named director, and Meredith Lynn has been named gallery director. Since 1980, Palladino-Craig has been instrumental in advancing MoFA
Gribble Interior Group – led by Grant Gribble (Interior Design BS 1984) - served as the design firm for the 2018 New American Remodeled Home, a project sponsored by the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB).
Amjad AlFawaz Graduate students Brittany Flock, Mary Johnson, Hyunji Song and Amjad AlFawaz, received first place for their video “Healthy Buildings, Healthy Minds” in the 2018 IDEC Video Competition. The jury viewed 40 videos on a wide range of themes about human-centered Interior Design – from sustainability, to healthcare, aging in place, and culturally sensitive
Pivot Sconce by Katie Hall For a second year, lighting manufacturer Golden Lighting has teamed up with Florida State University to host a collegiate level lighting design competition. Golden Lighting staff worked with FSU faculty members, Jill Pable and Maxim Nasab to teach undergraduate students the basics of lighting design. Students were prompted to use